Western Conservation is an equal opportunity employer providing Environmental Management Services to Protect, Conserve and Restore our natural environment throughout Western Australia.
We are looking for hard working, enthusiastic personnel to join our team of Conservation Field Technicians. We work across a variety of ecosystems and service a range of Clients.
This position will provide you the opportunity to demonstrate and further develop your technical knowledge and hands-on skills, which for the right person, could develop into a full-time position.
To be considered, you must be able to:
- Apply various methods to control weeds
- Complete required documentation including vehicle pre-start inspections, daily spray records, and job safety analysis
- Safely use a range of tools including chainsaws, brush cutters, pole saws, drills, angle grinders and post drivers
- Produce or apply for a WA Pesticide Technician Licence
- Demonstrate your experience in weed control
- Identify both native and flora species
- Perform manual tasks to construct fences, maintain firebreaks, hand weed, site cleanups and think for yourself
- Operate manual 4WD utilities and tow a trailer
- Work in a team environment and be prepared for occasional work in rural locations requiring overnight stay
- Share your experiences with the team and learn new skills from your colleagues
You also must have:
- Current manual C Class drivers licence
- Current chainsaw training and competence
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Excellent time management skills
- Self-starter, able to work without supervision
- The physical ability to undertake a variety of strenuous manual tasks
Your application will be further enhanced if you have:
- Cert III in Conservation and Land Management
- Endorsement for Boom Spray operations on current WA Pesticide Technicians Licence
- Manual HR (Or greater) Truck Licence
The work undertaken by our Conservation Field Technicians is varied and physically demanding, so please, consider your abilities prior to submitting your application – if you aren’t motivated or are looking for an easy going job, don’t bother applying. Please include a cover letter addressing the above requirements, your resume with a current colour photo and at least three references that will be contacted to validate your application.
Look forward to receiving your application!